There are so many wireless routers available it can be difficult to find which one is best for your needs. This top 10 best wireless router 2020 review should help you buy what is right for you by narrowing down what is most important when making this sort of purchase.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Top 10 Best Wireless Router 2020 Review
- 1.1 10. TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
- 1.2 9. Wise Tiger Wireless Router
- 1.3 8. ASUS Dual-Band AC750 Wireless Router
- 1.4 7. Linksys AC1900 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router
- 1.5 6. TP-Link N300 Wireless Wi-Fi Router
- 1.6 5. TP-Link AC2300 Wireless WiFi Router
- 1.7 4. Linksys EA6350 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router
- 1.8 3. Medialink AC1200 Wireless Gigabit Router
- 1.9 2. TP-Link AC1900 Wireless Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
- 1.10 1. Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming WiFi Router
Top 10 Best Wireless Router 2020 Review[aatable box=”B079JD7F7G,B07CWVR1KH,B01LXYT7XB,B00EXK14S0,B001FWYGJS,B0751RK6XZ,B00JZWQW4C,B01MS84IIF,B014PY9K5M,B078GWJ44Z” /]
10. TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
- Allows for speeds of up to 450+1300 Mbps (2.4 GHz + 5.0 GHz), which will enable perfect lag-free gaming and 4K video streaming.
- Range of up to 2500 sq. ft.
- 802.11 ac/b/g/n compatibility.
- Highest rated in customer satisfaction surveys from J.D, Power.
9. Wise Tiger Wireless Router
- 1200 Mbps maximum data transfer speed.
- Recommended if you have a maximum download speed of less than 100 Mbps.
- Designed for better connections to improve the streaming and gaming experience.
8. ASUS Dual-Band AC750 Wireless Router
- 733 Mbps download speeds.
- An intuitive 30-second setup on the Asus web interface.
- Only 801.11 AC compatibility which may be a downside for many people.
- A more economical choice, but still with great features.
7. Linksys AC1900 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router
- 600 Mbps (2.4 GHz) and 1300 Mbps (5.0 GHz) speeds with this dual-band router.
- Allows for home media management (DLNA) and remote network management.
- Has parental controls built in.
- Features beamforming technology, which makes sure you stay connected as you move around your home.
- Compatibility with 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wireless types.
6. TP-Link N300 Wireless Wi-Fi Router
- Features bandwidth control so you can allocate how much of each user gets based on their IP address.
- Set up a secure WPA or WPA2 connection at the touch of a button.
- Only 300 Mbps speeds, one of the slowest on our list.
- Compatibility with 802.11 b/g/n.
5. TP-Link AC2300 Wireless WiFi Router
- Features a powerful dual-core 1.8GHz processor for better performance.
- Up to 1625 Mbps (5.0 GHz) and 600 Mbps (2.4 GHz) data transfer speeds.
- Wireless compatibility with 802.11 ac, no backwards compatibility for older standards like many other routers here.
- Designed to allow multiple devices to stream video or game without creating lag.
- Range boosting settings if you need it, using beamforming technology similar to the Linksys AC1900.
4. Linksys EA6350 Wi-Fi Wireless Dual-Band+ Router
- Data transfer speeds – 300 Mbps (2.4 GHz) and 867 Mbps (5.0 GHz)
- Wireless compatibility 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac.
- Allows you to remotely access your network.
- The big disadvantage of this router is that it doesn’t include a modem, so may not be a good choice for many
- but if you have a modem already this is an excellent buy.
- Beamforming coverage for better mobile data transfer.
- Strong firewall and wireless security with a guest network feature.
- Allows for you to restrict access to prevent children from going online at night.
- Better range than most on this list with up to 2000 sq. ft. coverage.
- 300 Mbps (2.4 GHz) and 867 Mbps (5.0 GHz) transfer speed.
- Only 802.11 ac compatibility.
2. TP-Link AC1900 Wireless Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
- Features a touchscreen on the front of the device for easy setup and network management.
- Beamforming technology for superior reception on the move within your home.
- 1 GHz dual-core processor, one of the faster systems on our list.
- 1300 Mbps (5.0 GHz) and 600 Mbps (2.4 GHz) data transfer rates.
- Has 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac compatibility.
1. Netgear Nighthawk Pro Gaming WiFi Router
- Specialized to improve your gaming experience, allows you to prioritize gaming devices and allocate a set amount of bandwidth.
- Has a Geo Filter which allows you to remove lag by limiting the distance to the server.
- Monitor your network, check how much bandwidth different devices are using in real-time.
- Set up and manage your network on a mobile device with their app.
- Data transfer of up to 2600 Mbps the fastest on this list.
Our winner the Netgear Nighthawk is designed for people who want the best gaming experience, if you don’t take gaming too seriously it is better to go for one of the other choices on this list.
You need to make sure if you are using older devices, that the router you buy has backward compatibility for older wireless standards. The 802.11 a/b/g are the older standards which not all of these wireless routers still support.
To choose the best router for you, it is best to work out what you really need from your router and then use that criterion to make your selection. How important is the range? Is wireless compatibility important to you? Are data transfer speeds an issue?