If you want the best Spatulas now you can in the right place. Have you ever cooked any food without having to stir it, or turn it, or flip it, or lift it from one pan to a plate, or to another pan? The answer is definitely a resounding No because most of the fun activities that go on in a kitchen when cooking include stirring, flipping, turning, and lifting different foods as we cook. This is why spatulas are one of the most used cooking tools in the kitchen, in fact, most restaurants and home kitchens usually have a set of spatulas each for performing a different cooking task.
Spatulas are a handy and must have the tool in any kitchen, and apart from being used to turn, flip, spread or lift food when cooking, they keep your hands from the cooking fire or steamy food. If you are looking to get spatulas for your kitchen, you need to buy ones that are of the proper size, durable, easy to use, flexible, and high-quality material. And, this top 3 best spatulas 2022 review has been prepared to help you get the best high-quality spatulas for your kitchen.
Table Of Contents
Top 3 Best Spatulas For Your Kitchen
1. Wilton 570-1121 Easy Flex 3-Piece Spatula
This silicone spatula has an attractive blue color and comes in a 3-piece set consisting of large, medium, and small spatulas. Designed for flexibility, Wilton 570-1121 Easy Flex spatulas are perfect for flipping, battering, mixing, scooping as well as scraping. This spatula set can withstand high heat up to 500 Fahrenheit and comes with a spatula head that can be separated from the handle for easy washing.
The Wilton 570-1121 Easy Flex Spatula is stain and odor resistant, dishwasher safe, and comes with holes in the handles for easy hanging, and apart from its flimsy handles, it’s a perfect silicone spatula pick.
2. OXO Good Grips Silicone Cookie Spatula
With a small, but sturdy design, the OXO Good Grips Spatula is the best spatula to use for lifting your cookies, and flipping your omelets, as well as scraping sticky food from spoons and pans. This spatula has a not so thick spatula head made of stainless steel coated with silicone, making it strong for lifting and flipping, and durable. Oxo Good Grips Silicone Spatula comes with a stainless steel handle, with the end coated in silicone giving it a firm grip.
The handle is also angled to keep hands away from fire and hot food. This spatula can withstand up to 600 Fahrenheit of heat, is dishwasher safer, and it’s affordable for its quality. It also comes with holes on the handles for easy hanging when not in use.
3. di Oro Living Silicone Spatula
This award-winning all-round silicone spatula tops our list of top picks, because of its amazing features, and ergonomic and seamless design. di Oro Living Silicone Spatula is a perfect combination of stylish design, durability, and strength, and uses a reinforced steel S-Core technology to make it durable and strong. Coated in high heat resistant silicone, able to withstand the heat of up to 600 Fahrenheit, this 3-piece spatula set is perfect for scraping, folding, stirring as well as baking.
The one-piece seamless design makes it hygienic and easy to wash, and it is also odor and stain-resistant. If you are looking for a perfect spatula, di Oro Living Silicone spatula is your best pick.
Types Of Spatulas
- Silicone Spatulas: Silicone spatulas are perfect for all types of cooking tasks and their quality material makes them able to withstand high heat. Silicone spatulas won’t break, crack, fade or peel and last for many years. Silicone spatulas are also preferred because they are colorful, can be used with any cookware and are non-stick. They are perfect for stirring hot sauces and scraping mixing bowls when mixing sticky foods.
- Metallic Spatulas: Usually stainless steel, metallic spatulas are preferred for lifting, turning and flattening especially when cooking fish, and can be used for flipping and be lifting fish, chicken, casseroles, and hamburgers.
- Wooden Spatulas: Wooden spatulas are great for stirring and scraping pans, and can be used to scrape bits of food from the pan. Wooden spatulas have very limited flexibility.
- Plastic Spatulas: Plastic spatulas are usually used for stirring, spreading and turning food. They usually can’t stand high heat and are therefore limited in the tasks and cookware you can use them with.
- Fish Spatulas: Fish spatulas are made of durable stainless steel, and are perfect for lifting fish from the frying pan to drain off excess oils. They are also used for other flipping tasks, including when cooking omelets and pancakes. Some fish spatulas are made from stainless steel with a silicone coating and are more durable, and best to use with non-stick cookware that can be scratched by metallic steel spatulas.
- Rubber Spatulas: Rubber spatulas/scrapers are used for scraping, stirring, frosting and folding dry foods into wet foods. Rubber spatulas are not suitable for flipping or lifting food.
Selecting The Best Spatulas
Now that this top 3 best spatulas 2022 review has educated us on the different types of spatulas out there, how about before we jump to our top 3 best spatulas picks, we look at some of the things to consider as a guide when buying spatulas.
- Material: Silicone spatulas are flexible, more durable, can withstand high cooking temperatures, and are non-stick, while stainless steel spatulas are durable and strong. High quality spatulas combine stainless steel with a silicone coating for a durable, flexible, strong, non-fading, and high heat resistant spatula.
- Easy to use: High quality spatulas should have strong handles with a firm grip. The handle should also be protected to prevent you from burning your hand when the spatula is left in the heat. Non-stick spatulas are also the best options as the food won’t stick to the spatula making it easily washable. Getting a dishwasher safe spatula will also making washing it possible and easy.
- Care and maintenance: Proper care and maintenance of your spatulas will make them last longer. Separating spatulas meant for separate tasks is important, and keeping them away from direct heat will prevent weakening. Wood spatulas can be kept from cracking by not exposing them to too much water and soap, while rubber and plastic spatulas should not be exposed to high heat to avoid melting of their heads.
- Cost: When looking for the best spatulas for your kitchen, it’s better to buy them as a set than single pieces, as this will save you some money.
Spatulas are handy kitchenware that every kitchen should have, and having the best spatulas for all your flipping, turning, stirring, spreading, and lifting will make preparing your delicious meals enjoyable, easy, and keep your hands safe. Our top 3 best spatulas 2022 review has listed 3 high-quality spatulas in the market, and as you plan to buy the best spatulas for your kitchen, you may want to try out one of our top picks.