If you’ve ever been a baby, you know that babies like their food smooth, fluffy and tasty. And, if only they could, one of the things they would buy for themselves is a little pretty high-quality potato masher, labeled ‘for baby only’. Fortunately for our babies, we have also grown up understanding the value of this cooking tool, and apart from mashing baby food and crushing cooked solid potatoes for many of our tasty dishes, we also use potato mashers to crush broccoli, break tofu and mash our boiled eggs when making our favorite egg salad. Potato mashers are handy cooking tools, and are a must have in any kitchen, so, if you are looking to buy one of the many types of potato mashers currently in the market, this top 3 best potato mashers 2020 review lists for you the best mashers to pick from.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Our Top 3 Best Potato Mashers
Our Top 3 Best Potato Mashers
3.OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Potato Masher (Cushioned Handle)
OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Potato masher is perfect for all your potato, fruit, baby food, and vegetable mashing. This potato masher has a sturdy stainless-steel S-shaped wire head making it durable, and perfect for all your chunky mashing. One of the best things about this masher is that it has a cushioned rubber handle to give you a firm non-slip grip whether your hands are dry or wet, and the handle also has a large hole making for easy storage. Although you will not get a softer food texture with this masher, it is the best pick and its design makes it dishwasher safe and easy to use.
2.Jamie Oliver Stainless Steel Potato Masher
An all brushed stainless-steel masher, the Jamie Oliver Stainless Steel Potato Masher has a sturdy and unique design, and it comes with an ergonomic soft-grip handle insert to make your mashing easy and comfortable, even when mashing for a long time. The mashing plate comes with different hole sizes, with smaller inner holes and larger outer holes, to give you faster mashing, without missing a lump. Another great thing about this masher is that it has an integrated silicone bowl scraper best for removing all your mashed potatoes from the bowl, without any wastage. Apart from being slightly heavy and the scraper being trapped with food, this potato masher is perfect for all your soft mashing, and it comes with an integrated hanging hook for easy storage and is dishwasher safe.
1.KUKPO High Quality Stainless-Steel Potato Masher
Our top pick in this top 3 best potato mashers 2020 review, the first thing you will notice about the KUKPO High-Quality Stainless-Steel masher are its broad handle and mashing plate. This simply designed potato masher comes with an ergonomic horizontal rubberized mashing handle making sure you get a good firm grip, and apply very little force and pressure when mashing. A perfect masher for all occasions, its broad mashing plate also ensures you apply less force when mashing, allowing to mash a lot of potatoes and other foods for longer without tiring yourself. Simple to use, easy to clean and quick to cook with, the KUKPO High-Quality Stainless-Steel masher is the best for all your soft mashing, and its only downside is that it has a slightly short handle.
What Is A Potato Masher?
A potato masher is a popular cooking utensil used to prepare already cooked food, by pureeing it into a smooth and fluffy texture. It’s called a potato masher since the original wood and soft stone versions were mainly used to mash potatoes, but it can be used for preparing many other cooked foods that need mushing. A potato masher has an upright or sideways handle, as well as a zig-zag rounded gauge wire or round plate with silts or holes, which is the mashing head. And, when you want to mash your potatoes, hold the handle and push the mashing head down into the potato. From mashing baby food, making chunky and smooth mashes of cooked potatoes, crushing broccoli for salad dressing, mashing boiled eggs for egg salads and breaking and spreading ground meat for an even cook, you can’t fail to have a potato masher in your kitchen as you will always need it for something.
Choosing The Best Masher
Quick and easy preparation of your soft mashed foods is what a potato masher helps you do, and a high-quality one helps you do this without leaving your hand feeling painful, leaving large chunks of unmashed food or over mashing your food. With many different brands and types to choose from, finding the right potato masher can be quite difficult, this is why this top 3 best potato mashers 2020 review has prepared a short list of the best mashers currently in the market, to assist you to choose the best. But before we find out what the best potato mashers are, here are a few things this top 3 best potato masher 2020 review has considered when selecting these best potato mashers;
- Type of Mashing Plate: If you want chunkier mashed potatoes and other food, then getting a potato masher with a wave style mashing plate is best, but if you want to have smooth textured mashing, then getting a masher with a perforated mashing plate is your best pick.
- Mashing Handle: The best potato masher should have a comfortable to use handle with a firm grip. It should also be of the good length to prevent you hurting your hand and fingers as you mash. Good mashing handle is usually between 5 to 6 inches long and are reinforced with silicone or non-slip rubber to give you a firm grip as you mash. Curved handles are also best as they enhance your grip when mashing.
- Construction and material: A good potato masher should be made of the right material, and should not bend when mashing because, you’ll end up using more energy to mash, and you may hurt your hand. Perforated mashers are considered the best as they remain rigid when in use, and getting a stainless-steel masher will keep your masher durable as steel is strong and won’t corrode.
- Easy to store: Most potato mashers are easy to handle around your kitchen and to make storing these handy food preparation utensils easier, get a potato masher with a hanging hole in the handle.
Every kitchen needs to have a high-quality potato masher, and if you are looking to replace a tired old masher, or are looking to buy one for the first time, we hope that you find the best among out top 3 picks listed in this top 3 best potato mashers 2020 review.