Pain during the period has been one of the most common, annoying issues for most women. We call it muscle cramp while doctors call it “dysmenorrhea”. It can occur before or during that time of the month. Women with dysmenorrhea may feel a cramp in lower belly or back. Its intensity range from mild to severe. This pain causes the contraction of the muscle in the uterus or womb. Additionally, it is accompanied by some other symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, sweating, faintness and dizziness, bloating, and headaches.
- The Best Menstrual Pain Relievers
- The Best Ovulation Tests For Pregnancy
- The Best Krill Oils
- The Dark circles under your eyes overnight
Table Of Contents
Top 6 Best Menstrual Pain Relievers
1. Tylenol Extra Strength Caplets, 500 Mg, 225 Count
- Temporarily reduces fever and relieves minor aches and pains
- 500 mg of acetaminophen per caplet
- Pain reliever recommended by doctors
- Relieves minor pain of arthritis, menstrual cramps, backache, and headache
2. Advil Liqui-Gels (200 Count) Pain Reliever
- Includes one bottle of 200 Advil Liqui-Gel, liquid-filled ibuprofen capsules. Make pain a distant memory with Advil ibuprofen, the #1 selling pain reliever (among over the counter pain relievers), providing safe, effective pain relief for over 30 years.
- So whether you have a headache, muscle aches, backaches, menstrual pain, minor arthritis, and other joint pain, or aches and pains from the common cold, nothing’s stronger or longer-lasting.(1) The medicine in Advil is #1 doctor recommended for pain relief.
Some pain relievers can help relieve muscle cramps pain like paracetamol, ibuprofen, or naproxen in case you have a mild menstrual cramp. For best relief, you should take these medications as soon as bleeding or cramping begins. Don’t worry if you are the person who really cares about your health.
These medicines are safe and have no hazardous effect to your health. Many gynecologists prescribe these medicines and provide some consultation to their patients as dysmenorrhea doesn’t only manifest pain, but also emotional stress. Believe it or not, psychological stress may increase the risk of menstrual cramps and their severity.
3. ThermaCare Menstrual Pain Therapy Heatwraps
ThermaCare Menstrual provides soothing heat that relaxes muscular contractions to relieve menstrual cramps, for up to 8 hours. The ultra-thin design conforms to your lower abdomen for discreet comfort wherever you go. ThermaCare Menstrual is thin enough to wear discreetly under clothing. It can be worn on the move, during chores, or when relaxing.
4. Advil (100 Count) Pain Reliever
- Ingredients: Acetylated Monoglycerides, Colloidal Silicon Dioxide, Corn Starch, Croscarmellose Sodium, Methylparaben, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Pharmaceutical Glaze, Pharmaceutical Ink, Povidone, Pregelatinized Starch, Propylparaben, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Sucrose, Synthetic Iron Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, White Wax
- Directions: Do not take more than directed. The smallest effective dose should be used. Adults and children 12 years and over: Take 1 tablet every 4 to 6 hours while symptoms persist. If pain or fever does not respond to 1 tablet, 2 tablets may be used. Do not exceed 6 tablets in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor. Children under 12 years: ask a doctor.
Aside from taking medicines, there are some natural remedies such as using a hot water bottle or heat patch on your lower belly or soaking in a hot bath which may help relieve your cramps. Studies have cited that having some physical activities regularly as well as consuming some foods that contain vitamin E, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B6, and magnesium can also provide some relief.
5. Motrin IB Liquid Gels, Ibuprofen, Aches and Pain Relief
Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
- Muscular aches
- Minor pain of arthritis
- The common cold
- Menstrual cramps
- Temporarily reduces fever
Available as caplets. For adults and children 12 years and older.
6. Basic Care Extra Strength Acetaminophen PM Caplets
- Ingredients: Acetaminophen 500 mg
- Directions: Do not take more than directed (see overdose warning). Adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 caplets at bedtime; do not take more than 2 caplets of this product in 24 hours. Children under 12 years: do not use it. Other information: store at 20-25°C (68-77°F). Uses temporary relief of occasional headaches and minor aches and pains with accompanying sleeplessness.
However, some ways that may decrease your risk of menstrual cramps include quitting smoking, reducing stress, exercising regularly, yoga, or eating fruits and vegetables. You should also avoid taking too much alcohol, caffeine, fat, salt, and sweets. In case following these measures but your pain still occurs, you are recommended to see the doctor for further instigation. The period is the best gift from nature so don’t be too stressed!
You must be logged in to post a comment.