Nowadays you don’t have to carry a whole bunch of old newspapers to make fire out there during camping. No, we have a smart way of doing that. In the modern market, you’ll find some small and compact devices that make up a fire by just a single stroke. But due to the vast array of choices to choose from, it would be quite tricky in choosing the best. Here, it is our esteemed duty to rank the top 10 best products. This is after a deep and thorough research. Let’s face it;
Table Of Contents
- 1 Top 10 Best Fire Starter 2020 Review
- 1.1 10. Ultimate Survival Spark Force Fire starter Technologies
- 1.2 9. Sahara Sailor Fire Starter Survival Kit Magnesium, for all Weather
- 1.3 8. Swiss Safe 5 in 1 Fire Starter with Compass, Whistle, and Paracord
- 1.4 7. InstaFire Granulated Fire Starter 100 percent eco-friendly and natural
- 1.5 6. Lightning Nuggets N100SEB Super Economy Fire starters
- 1.6 5. Survival SPARK Magnesium Survival Fire Starter featuring a Compass and Whistle
- 1.7 4. Rutland products 50B Safe Lite Fire Starter Squares, 144 pieces
- 1.8 3. SE FS374 2-IN-1 All-Weather Emergency Fire Starter and Magnesium Fuel Bar
- 1.9 2. Gerber31-000699 Bear Grylls Fire Starter
- 1.10 1. Weber 7417, 24 count FireStarters Lighter Cube
Top 10 Best Fire Starter 2020 Review[aatable box=”B00F73BO7S,B01H3ASB2I,B06XYXDHM9,B0711CPNC2,B000KC009Y,B016UWWS2O,B00138MO16,B0010O748Q,B004DT6TEK,B001AN7RGG” /]
10. Ultimate Survival Spark Force Fire starter Technologies
Are you out there camping and want to make fire fast and without challenges, Ultimate survival fire starter device is an ideal option. It is compact and easily fits into the pocket. This device uses flint technology hence a practical option for hunting, camping, backpacking and other uses. The ABS plastic case protects flint from intended sparks. Amazingly, you can use it in strong wind, when it is raining and in all adverse weather conditions.
9. Sahara Sailor Fire Starter Survival Kit Magnesium, for all Weather
Sahara sailor’s fire starter uses magnesium sticks which work excellently in rain and wind. With the tungsten carbide striker, this kits can be used as a glass breaker in times of emergency. It features a robust scraper that enhances striking and cutting. On the other hand, the keychain allows easy hooking to your keys and backpacking. It is waterproof, thanks to the rubber gasket rings that prevent moisture penetration.
8. Swiss Safe 5 in 1 Fire Starter with Compass, Whistle, and Paracord
This fire starter comes included in a kit that contains para-cord and a whistle. Hence, you have everything you need for surviving out there in the jungle. It uses industrial grade Ferro cerium magnesium which works best in any jungle. The five in one kit includes bag-out bag, backpack, gloves, and first aid kit. So, it is great for any scout who doesn’t want to face any challenges while enjoying life inside those natural ecosystems. It is quite efficient more than the flint technology.
7. InstaFire Granulated Fire Starter 100 percent eco-friendly and natural
Modern hiking techniques require the use of advanced fire starter devices. And if you are looking for a perfect alternative to butane fire starters, InstaFire granulated device makes a pragmatic option for you. Contrary to the fuel based lighters, this one uses wood and volcanic rocks and a blend of food grade paraffin wax. So, it is safe to use this device and transport and has a shelf life of up to 30 years. Any outdoor enthusiast will appreciate this handy and easy to use the device.
6. Lightning Nuggets N100SEB Super Economy Fire starters
This fire starter kit comprises of 100 fire starter nuggets for a unique way of starting a fire indoors or outdoors. It is purely nontoxic and contains pine scents so that you may enjoy the natural feel bestowed by Mother Nature. It only contains pitch wood dust and food grade paraffin wax. Say goodbye to use of newspapers and messy gels or lighter fluids.
5. Survival SPARK Magnesium Survival Fire Starter featuring a Compass and Whistle
Being one of the top-selling fire starters, there is no doubt that Survivalspark fire starter device is the best. It is weatherproof, and you can light for 0ver 15000 times again and again without it malfunctioning. It contains a compass, lanyard, whistle and scraper which are essential survival tools. It uses magnesium rods measuring 5.5 inches which fit well in the cars or camping gear.
4. Rutland products 50B Safe Lite Fire Starter Squares, 144 pieces
No matter where you go, Rutland products fire starter is the best survival kit. It is water, and windproof hence lights up fast and easily. The technology combines recycled wood chips and high-grade paraffin wax. If you are environment conscious, Rutland kit is the best you can have. It works well for grills, smokers, coal stoves among other cooking devices.
3. SE FS374 2-IN-1 All-Weather Emergency Fire Starter and Magnesium Fuel Bar
At number three, SE fire starter device brings a whole new level of innovation. It features solid compact magnesium bar that is long lasting and can be used for over a 100 times or when magnesium runs out, so to say. The shavings quickly light and explode to make a fire in the blink of an eye. So, is there any valid reason to waste time with matches? I guess not.
2. Gerber31-000699 Bear Grylls Fire Starter
As we approach the top ranking fire starter, we can fail to let you know that Gerber Bear fire starter will do an excellent job when you are out there in the wilderness. It features a compact design that applies ferrocerium rod and metal striker. The lanyard keeps this product together and secure. There is an emergency whistle connected into the lanyard cord. There is also a waterproof compartment for tinder. The kit includes land to air rescue directions.
1. Weber 7417, 24 count FireStarters Lighter Cube
Now that this is the number one fire starter, you expect amazing features. Well, that’s quite true because Weber fire starter combines the aspects of environmental friendliness with excellent functionality. It is smokeless and functions in wind, snow, rain or any other compromised situation. This nontoxic fire stated enhances the easy lighting of charcoal briquettes. Moreover, these blocks look beautiful and blend well with the natural environment out there.
Factors to contemplate when choosing the best fire starters
The weight or bulkiness
No need to overburden yourself with tedious methods of making fire. The best ones have a compact size for easy portability. Weight should be as little as possible so that you enjoy the use of the handy device.
Backpacking stoves require specific firelighters and won’t work well with all lighters. Nonconsumable methods of fire starting like fire piston and rope for a bow drill are ideal for camping.
You will encounter all situations including precipitations while in the jungle. You, therefore, need a lighter device that works well in rain and windy conditions. Of course, matchstick won’t work in those situations. You need something like the ones that use magnesium rods.
Ease of use
You won’t have all time to master the art of making a fire in the wilderness. Most of the best-selling fire starter devices are straightforward and won’t require any mastery.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: what is the shelf life of the device?
- A: ideal one should last for years without expiring
- Q: Do all fire starter devices waterproof?
- A: well, most of the top-performing brands are purely waterproof
- Q: how long does the device burn?
- A: most of the top rated ones burn for several minutes, enough time to burn a log.
Innovation at its best, modern fire starters has surely changed the order of doing things. Lighting a fire while in the jungle has become as easy as lighting a bulb in your house. When you experiment with the ten products above, you will definitely agree with my comparison. They are clean, efficient, and portable and weatherproof options of lighting fire. Get one and be part of this great evolution of fire.