The Best Under Sink Water Filter has invented for a long time ago and it was invented for making it easy for people in the world. The 21st century has brought with it numerous developments in almost every area of our lives. From construction to agriculture, nothing has been left behind. However, this has led to dangerous chemical emissions from just about everywhere.This includes the fertilizer from our gardens, waste from our industries and even corroded piping systems!
Top 3 Best Under Sink Water Filter 2019 Review
While the basic mechanism of under sink filters does not change we love that that there are companies out there are constantly improving the design to suit the needs of the modern home. Here are our favorites:
1. Watts Premier 531330 Under Sink The Best Under Sink Water Filter
The filter has a 3 step system that ensures that your water is clean. At step 1 all the large impurities are removed. These include rocks, sticks etc. In the next stage, carbon is used to remove chlorine, lead, herbicides and other chemicals. The last step uses a very thin filter that traps everything up to 0.02 microns. So the only things that could get past it are viruses. It also complies with NSF and WQA standards.
- Minimal maintenance as the two initial filters are changed once every six months and the third one only once a year
- Comes with a dedicated facet
- Easy to install
- The filter does not completely eliminate sodium from water so individuals who prefer a very low sodium count may not prefer it.
2. Aquasana AQ 5200.55 The Best Under Sink Water Filter
The Aquasana gives you all the benefits of an under–sink water purifier while avoiding the complexities that come with most. It works through a simple two stage system. The filter uses activated carbon, catalytic carbon; ion-exchange and a sub-micron filter to purify the water. The best part of this filter is that it does not remove healthy minerals from water.
- Preserves beneficial minerals
- Dedicated Faucet included
- Replacing the filters costs almost as much as the whole filtration system.
3. 3M Filtrete 3US-PS01 The Best Under Sink Water Filter
This is by far the simplest device on this list. You simply plug it into the water line and that’s it! It eliminates chlorine, rust, cysts as well as several other impurities. It does, however, not possess the capacity to filter out complex organisms like bacteria so it is best for water used for cleaning purposes. It is very affordable.
- Easy to Install
- Eliminates simple impurities
- Not ideal for drinking water
- Does not come with a faucet
How do we keep our water clean?
One of the best solutions is to use an Under Sink Water Filter. It is a simple device that you install under your sink to separate impurities from your water. The result is purer and cleaner drinking water for you and your family.
Benefits of an Under-Sink Water Purifier
- Cleaner water that smells and tastes better due to the absence of impurities
- Lasts longer than water filtering pitchers and water faucet filters
- Situated under your sink so it does not mess up your sink’s design
- Incredibly easy to install! How to Choose the Right Under Sink Water Filter for Your Home
There are two types of under sink water filters: Activated Carbon filters and Reverse Osmosis (RO) filters. The decision between the two should be based on the quality of water you get prior to filtration. Buy a DIY water tester to see exactly what impurities you are fighting first.
If your water is generally clean i.e. contains chlorine and maybe traces of organic matter than a Carbon filter should do. If your water tests positive for heavier metals and stronger chemicals than an RO filter would be ideal. The downside with them though is that they may filter out even the healthy minerals in your water leaving you with ’dead water’’.
We hope that this information will help you find the right under sink water filter for your home. Have you had any experience with water filters? We would love to hear your tips and tricks for better filtration. Just get to your comment box and start chipping into the conversation!