What is that one thing that you, and many other people worry about when they are away from their home? Did you guess it right?
Everyone wants to know that their home is safe, and it is very satisfying to know your home, kids, and valuables are safe, even when you are not at home.
Home security cameras help you keep your home safe, and if you get the best quality, you can do more for your home than just keep intruders out or look out for your loved ones.
So, if you’re thinking of taking your home security to the next level, this top 3 best home security cameras review in 2018, is just what you need to get the best camera for your home.
Now that you know what to look to get the best quality camera for your home, in this top 3 best home security cameras review in 2018, we have selected these top quality cameras as ones that may be what you need for your home.
Top 3 Best Home Security Cameras in 2018
3. LG Smart Security Wireless Camera (with ADT Canopy)
The LG Smart Security Wireless Camera is designed for indoor home security, and its small size and cone shape makes sure it is not easily noticeable. Its cool design aside, this Wi-Fi camera gives you the privilege to access 24/7 ADT canopy monitoring service, which allows you to be contacted if the camera’s alarm is triggered.The LG Smart Security Wireless Camera records videos at a resolution of 1080 pixels, with a 130 degrees field of view and can send push, email and call notifications. It also has 24/7 continuous cloud recording, two-way audio, night vision and in-built alarm features, besides being able to control Z-wave devices. This camera lacks pan and tilt features, and you need a cloud and canopy subscription to view videos and access other features.
2. Netgear Arlo Pro Home Camera
With the Netgear Arlo Pro camera, you don’t need to worry about the weather as it is designed to for both indoor and outdoor conditions. This home security camera provides outstanding local and cloud storage capabilities, as well as comes with a rechargeable battery that can last up to six months. Installing this wireless camera in your home will give you 7 days of free cloud storage, and you will monitor areas within a 130 degrees field of view, at a video resolution of 720 pixels. Night vision, advanced motion detection, two-way audio, motion triggered alarm and push notifications are some of the additional capabilities of the Netgear Arlo Pro camera.
1. Icontrol Piper nv Smart Home Camera
The Icontrol Piper nv Smart camera is endearing due to its ease of installation and use, it also gives home owners quality and smart security with no monthly costs, or contracts. This camera has a live and recorded video resolution of 1080 pixels, with a 180 degrees field of view. Together with being able to integrate with Z- wave devices and its high quality night vision, the Icontrol Piper nv Smart camera also has pan and tilt, two-way audio and e-mail, text, call and push notification capabilities. While it lacks local storage and a web application, its cloud storage and mobile application is excellent, and its motion and sound detection sensors will trigger the alarm in a blink.
What are home security cameras, why your home needs them?
Home security cameras capture live or recorded video footage of activities taking place in your home, and depending on the features, some record audio, trigger alarms and can be operated using a smartphone or online by the home owner. Home owners install indoor and outdoor cameras in their home to keep an eye on activities that occur at their homes when they are not there, during the day or at night. Picking what works for your home.Getting the best quality home security camera will help you focus more on why you need a camera in your home in the first place, and that is to secure it.
This top 3 best home security cameras review in 2018 looks at some of the important things you need to consider when looking to get a home security camera for your home;
- Where to place?: You may want to decide whether you want an indoor or outdoor camera for your home, or both. Outdoor cameras are designed to withstand elements such as rain, intense heat or snow, and having an indoor camera for outdoor purposes may compromise your home’s security.
- Design: While a home security camera is out to see people and monitor their activities within your home, whether indoors or outdoors, most of the time it is not out to be seen. Get what you think works for your home and can work without necessarily being noticed by everyone.
- The resolution and view: 1080 pixels will give you clear footage of videos and images from your camera, and some cameras have good digital zoom capabilities that will help you enhance images for an up-close look. You also want to know how large an area can a camera cover as this will eliminate for you the need to have a lot of cameras in your home. A camera with a lens that has a field of view of 120 to 180 degrees is great for a home.
- Connectivity: Many home security cameras function on a Wi-Fi network, and this is an added security advantage because wires can be easily cut in a wired connection. A Wi-Fi enabled home security camera is also easy to install if your home already has its own internet connection. You may also want to look for a camera that you can connect to online and operate with your smartphone.
- Cost: While getting the most expensive camera will not guarantee you quality performance, and security, you can make a decision on how much you may want to invest in your home’s security, based on the features that you are looking for in a home security camera.
- Additional Features: Some cameras are able to detect and record sound, detect motion and trigger alarms or send notifications as well as tilt when motion has been detected, and these additional features in a home security camera help home users enhance the security of their home.
Anywhere and anytime you need to know that your home, family, and property are safe, and a quality home security camera with all the right capabilities can help you achieve this.In this top 3 best home security cameras review in 2018, we have looked at some of the best quality home security cameras out there in the market, and we hope that it helps you decide what works for your home security needs.