Everyone who loves and values their sleep should possess an electric blanket.Don’t you hate it when you can’t get to sleep due to the fact that your body isn’t cozy enough? Electric blankets help you solve that easy-peasy. Just plug it into an outlet and climb into bed and let the blanket take you to dreamland.There are some things to look out for when choosing an electric blanket such as:
- Is it safe? You have to consider if the electric blanket you are choosing is safe enough for use because electricity is used in powering the blanket which can be dangerous. Therefore, make sure you take your time and choose a standard and safe blanket. Do not select a blanket that doesn’t meet the criteria of the UL (Underwriters Laboratories). UL964 is the only list of regulations governing electric bedding’s in US.
- Buyer should be cautious about the price.
- You should watch out for its quality and durability. A standard blanket or mattress should be able to last up to 5 years. The control panel should work perfectly and the fabric should be thick and solid enough.You don’t want a blanket that sheds all over the place.
- You should also watch out for some of the features of the electric blanket like:
A blanket with dual heat level controls should be purchased if you would be two sleeping on the same bed. You would be able to
regulate the heat on individual sides.
- Will the blanket you are purchasing be able to cover the whole mattress comfortably?The blanket should fit into the frame pockets of the bed comfortably.
- Will you be able to fully understand the controller?
If you have poor eyesight, it would be better to purchase a blanket with large and bright numbers on the controller to make it easier to read.
Top 3 Best Electric Blankets 2018 Review
3. Sunbeam Heated Fleece Electric Blanket, Twin Size
This is a high class blanket with a 6 feet long cord that can take you through the night without need for putting on the thermostat. It is extra comfy, safe and soft with a nice design. The user has the ability to choose from 5 different heating settings. The material is made from 100% polyester which means its machine washable. You might plan on not using the blanket all night. It comes with an auto-shut feature which enables it go off itself. It is also very affordable in terms of price.
2. Sunbeam Microplush Heated Blanket
This blanket is the true definition of comfort. It is made with a ComfortTech Controller that projects a digital display. It also comes with a 10 heat setting variety for the user to choose from. It also offers a 10- hour auto-off function so you don’t have to cut your sleep short just to put it off. Your sleep is way too valuable. It is made from 100% polyester micro plush which makes it highly heat retaining. It comes with a pre-heat feature that heat up the bed before its time for you to sleep. It is easy to operate, safe and machine washable but sometimes slippery.
1. Soft Heat Luxury Micro-Fleece Low-voltage Electric
Due to safety reasons, it comes with low voltage which causes it to heat up slow but is still guaranteed to last you all night. It has a pre-heat feature to heat up your bed before sleeping. It also possesses dual controls which can be used in King and Queen Beds to regulate the heat on each side of the bed. The low voltage means it is safer to the user or any pets than other blankets. It is machine washable without the blanket pealing or shedding.
It is seen that possession of an electric blanket would guarantee you better and comfier sleep.These are the three best electric blankets.Choose carefully and purchase your “dream” blanket. Sleep well!